My Secret Desire

Besides being totally hep and happening and witty and charming and a lover of what I see in the mirror I’m also a great cook.

In the secret kitchen of my pumping heart lies a strong desire to be a Television Chef with my own Food Network Show.

I want to call my show EAT THIS!

And eat they will once my audience gets a glimpse of what I have to offer.

Not to push Martha or Ina or Lidia or Marianne or Mario aside, but I want to wedge myself between them and stand as stiff as a rolling pin and show them what I’ve got.

What would make my show stand apart from the others? Besides me, it would include drinking wine - lots of wine - while preparing the food. Yes, wine, to establish a soothing, fun atmosphere while chopping and sauteing and mixing. With a pinch of this, a pinch of that, and a great tasting Malbec it would definitely be unpredictable and unscripted fun. And with special guests like Charlie Sheen and Lindsay Lohan it could only get funner (duh!).

Lots of wine makes me giddy and outrageous. People like that about me, so why not share it with the world? Who knows, maybe I’ll even break into song and dance while the chicken roasts, the spinach wilts, or the lobsters boil.

So send an email to the Food Network and let them know you really want me to show you how to EAT THIS:

Olive Basil Cheese Spread

8 oz. cream cheese, softened
6 oz. feta cheese
3/4 oz. basil leaves, chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
15 Kalamata olives, pitted and roughly chopped
1/4 tsp. black pepper

Combine the cream cheese, feta cheese, basil, oil and 1/4 teaspoon black
pepper in a bowl and mix until smooth. Fold in the olives and spoon into a serving bowl. Serve with crackers, bread, etc.

Bon appetite!

Comments