My Acting Debut

Life is full of magical moments. 

Not too long ago, I received an email from a musician asking me if I’d like to be in her music video. She had seen me perform at a storytelling event, said she loved my facial expressions, and wanted me to be in her upcoming music video. I would be the Henchman. 

At first, I thought her email was a joke, but it did arouse my curiosity.

I’m not an actor and I’d never been in front of a camera before. Would I be able to give her a good performance or would I embarrass myself and ruin the video? 

I was hesitant but a friend convinced me to do it, so I did.

The first thing I noticed when I got to the shoot was a tray of Dunkin’ donuts. I love Dunkin’ donuts. They’re my comfort food... so I ate four to calm my nerves.

There was no need to be nervous. Everyone on set was incredibly kind to me. The director was terrific. 

The actors, the incredibly multi-talented singer Goblynne (Molly Kirschenbaum) and Payson Whitwell, encouraged me to ad-lib and have fun. And we all did!

It was a magical moment.

The song is “Only Thing.”

Here’s the video... Enjoy! 

Comments

Sande said…
Wow! That was beautiful, but very odd, and I have begun to believe that you may be more odd than I realized. Love it!