I Love Ice Cream

When I was in first grade, I was the second letter "I" in "Thanksgiving" for the annual Thanksgiving pageant. I replaced Roy Allan the day before the pageant because his parents wouldn't allow him to participate for religious reasons.

The show must go on, and indeed it did, and when I stepped forward with my sweaty hands holding a big letter "I" I squeaked:

I is for ice cream. It's cold but it's fine. I'll have some plum cake with mine!

The applause was addictive, and from then on, my love of ice cream would only grow. 

Ice cream got me my first applause. 

Years later, as an adult, I was mugged twice, and both times I was on my way to buy ice cream. 

My desire for ice cream only intensified. 

Recently, I've been spending Sunday mornings at SmorgasburgLA roaming the various food vendors. 

Lamb dumplings. Arepas. Empanadas. Beignets. I've tried them all. 

Then one Sunday I saw it... a light green cart in the near distance... an ice cream vendor... my heart skipped a beat, and my legs couldn't move fast enough to get me there. 

It was Kinrose Creamery

I was in awe at the flavors offered:

For my first time, I ordered the Honey Walnut Baklava. That first lick was a huge wow. The combination of flavors was absolutely yummy. 

I found ice cream bliss at SmorgasburgLA. 

Since then, I have tried all the flavors, and have fallen in tastebud-love with The Pasha, sour cherry ice cream topped with Pashmak, a Persian velvety cotton candy floss. It's... well... you've just got to try it. It's that good.

My weekly visits to SmorgasburgLA always end with a stop at Kinrose Creamery. 

I is for ice cream. It's cold but it's fine. I'll have some Pashmak with mine! 

Comments

Sande said…
Why does the photo look like it has strands from a platinum blond wig on it? Are you sure that's ice cream?