A Perfect Summer Song

I have an eclectic taste in music, and I enjoy exploring new artists and new songs. 

Before there was streaming, I would spend hours at record stores pouring through bins of LPs... and as technology advanced, it morphed into bins of CDs... and now it’s morphed into music streaming. 

I got rid of my LPs and most of my CD collection (I have a few treasured CDs for the CD player in my car) and rely on streaming for all my music pleasure. 

The other day under Apple’s “New Releases for You” was a single called “Close Your Eyes” by singer Matias Roden. I had never heard of him.

My adventurous fingers clicked on the link for a listen.

“Close Your Eyes” is an infectious 4:07 of pop perfection.  It's a perfect summer song. 

I played it a few more times to make sure I wasn’t suffering from first-time over-excitement only to be disappointed with the second or third time. 

Each additional listen felt just as good, if not better. 

I needed to know more... and Google and YouTube provided the answers. 

Matias Roden is a singer/songwriter based in British Columbia. 

His terrific video for “Close Your Eyes” is a gothic secret gay love story set in Victorian times:


I added him to my summer playlist... you should, too. 

Comments