Surprise and Anticipation

Sorry I haven't been posting as often as I used to, but I've got this film production job and the hours are really long. I work 12-hour days 5 days a week. I'm not complaining because I'm learning a lot and meeting some incredible people. It's just the amount of time working gives me little time for personal stuff, like this blog, seeing friends, and getting to the gym.

Anyway, I was at the CD store the other day and on impulse bought the James Morrison Undiscovered CD. I really didn't know much about him except he's British and he's being touted as the next big thing. Also, it was on sale.

And the verdict? I'm pleasantly surprised with the whole CD. He's in the same vein as James Blunt (only Morrison isn't as wimpy), David Gray and Damien Rice. He's got that British soul vibe happening and he does it well.

Favorite cuts include "Undiscovered," "You Give Me Something," Under the Influence" and "Better Man."

Morrison has the passion, the songwriting skills, and the overall talent to be more than just a flash in the pan. I look forward to his next CD.

Speaking of looking forward… I anxiously anticipate June 12th and the release of Buffy Sainte-Marie's Vanguard Visionaries CD. It's not new material - though a new CD of all new material is reportedly complete and soon to be released - but hopefully it will include some live versions of some of her most loved songs. The Carnegie Hall concert CD never got released because the quality wasn't up to the best standards, so maybe a few of those tunes will be available in this collection. I'm hoping for live versions of "Native North American Child" and "Cod'ine."

Until the next time… remember to laugh and remember to use your signals when making turns.

Comments