I Got You Babe

One of my favorite songs of all time is “I Got You Babe” written by Sonny Bono and immortalized on vinyl by Sonny and Cher in 1965. I never seem to tire of it, and it remains one of my most frequent spins.

While searching You Tube for Sonny and Cher’s reunion on Letterman I stumbled across a version of "I Got You Babe" by David Bowie and Marianne Faithfull. I never knew it existed, and wow is all I can say.

Bowie and Faithfull are two of my favorite performers and they take the song on a surreal journey into a truly odd artistic coupling.

It’s a concert performance where she looks like a Flying Nun who’s been around the world in a non-religious way, and he looks like he just arrived from outer space.

Are you intrigued? I bet you are.

So take a look and spend the next 3:31 with two of rock's most outrageously gifted artists. Either you'll love it or hate it. I love it.

Comments