Aaaah!

Ever since my job ended last week I’ve been lazy, not couch potato lazy but lazy in the “I’ll only do what I want when I want and nothing else” way, which is contrary to how I usually am. Most days I have a “to do” list that sits prominently beside my computer forcing me to do it do it do it now, no matter what “it” is.

But sometimes you just have to say “fuck it,” and that’s what I did.

So what did I do?

I read about past-life regressions, fantasizing that in a previous lifetime I might have been Benjamin Franklin, Dr. Doolittle, Henry VIII, Willy Wonka, Cleopatra, or Lassie.

I jogged 1.2 miles per day, not an inch more or less.

I listened to Joe Cocker, Buffy Sainte-Marie, Patti Smith, and Janis Joplin, with some Jakob Dylan, Savage Garden, Maximo Park, and Leonard Cohen shuffled in between.

I did laundry, both darks and whites, and remembered to clean the lint tray in the dryer.

I went to the gym almost daily to bend and stretch and sweat like a pig.

I went to a friend’s wedding and had a blast. (The curse of the dreaded weddings seems to have passed.)

I ate cupcakes and muffins and chocolate covered pretzels.

I thought about riding my bike, and didn’t.

I cooked real food.

I meditated. (Okay, napped... a lot)

And now I feel like a perfect aaaaah!

I’m refreshed and ready for whatever is next in my so-called life.

Comments