I-M-E-A-C-H

Every night after dinner I take a walk around my neighborhood, usually for a couple of miles. It’s my time to clear my head of all the stuff that’s been swirling around all day, and also to get some additional cardio exercise.

One night as I wandered past an apartment building I looked up and saw big letters pasted on sliding glass doors. The letters were I-M-E-A-C-H. I couldn’t figure out what it meant. All sorts of theories ran through my mind. When I got home I did a Google search, but couldn’t find an explanation.

For the next few weeks I would glance up and see the same letters. I-M-E-A-C-H.

Maybe it was some sort of message to extra-terrestrials?

Maybe it was the owner’s way of screwing with people’s minds, a sick joke?

Maybe it was an unfinished game of Wheel of Fortune?

I pondered and pondered, and the nagging mystery continued night after night.

A few days ago as I was walking by I looked up and something was different. The owner of the apartment had closed the sliding glass doors and suddenly the mystery was solved.

I-M-P-E-A-C-H

Now it makes sense.

Comments