Spending Time in Baton Rouge

It always amazes me how the Universe gives you wonderful surprises when you least expect them. For me that happened last week.

I recently started working on a film that was supposed to shoot entirely in Los Angeles. The production schedule changed and now a lot of the film is being shot in and around Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

Last Monday I was invited to go to Baton Rouge to work on the production. By Friday I was on a plane and headed there. Wow.

Last year at this time I was working on “Tropic Thunder” in Kauai, and now one year later I’m in another location, not as exotic as Kauai, but definitely full of adventure potential.

Today I had some free time and drove to downtown Baton Rouge to see the mighty Mississippi River. With my cell phone I took this picture.


Did you know that Baton Rouge along with Tallahassee, Florida and Austin, Texas is one of the southernmost capital cities in the lower 48 United States? Now you do.

All I can say is so far so good. The people are real nice, the weather is warm and sunny, and my mouth is watering for some jambalaya.

If in my next blogs I start writing with a southern flair you’ll understand why.

Comments