Match Point

Once again I’ve been invited - through the extreme generosity of a friend - to the final day of the 2009 BNP Paribas Tennis Open (formerly called the Pacific Life Open) in Indian Wells, CA. It’s March 22nd.

This tournament is the fifth most attended tennis tournament next to the Grand Slams, and it combines both the men and women competitions.
In 2008 over 300,000 people attended the week long event.

My seat location last year was the second row. I could see the sweat on the players’ faces. I could hear the players grunt and groan as they slammed the ball back and forth at speeds that would probably break my arm if I tried returning the ball.

This year I have the same seat. Yeah, I can’t wait.

Note to self: Don’t forget suntan lotion (lots of suntan lotion), a hat, and a digital camera.

Comments