Greetings From Elysian Park

This weekend I took a hike through Elysian Park in Los Angeles.

Founded in 1886 Elysian Park is the oldest park and second largest park in Los Angeles with 600 acres of land. Griffith Park is the largest park.

There were hundreds of families enjoying the beautiful Los Angeles weather. Hiking, valley ball, pinatas, soccer, music, children laughing, friendliness... a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

I love that in Los Angeles people actually enjoy the parks. I grew up in sanitized suburbia where people never used the parks. They were there to be looked at but never touched. What’s the point of a park if you don’t use it?

Here are some photos I took from the park peaks where you can see for miles:




Next time I go I think I’ll bring a barbecue and grill some hot sausages and vegetables with my friends.

Comments