Bite Me

I am fascinated with vampires. They make my neck itch and twitch.

As I look back at my life I’ve certainly had some vampire friends. You know the ones I’m talking about... the friends that bleed you dry emotionally and still want more. They steal your creative ideas and claim them as their own. They’re the friends that after seeing them you have to take a nap to replenish your energy. Of course they never understand they’re vampires, and probably never will. They’re too self-centered to open their eyes to see the light.

But I digress... vampire friends are not what I’m talking about when I say I’m fascinated with vampires. I’m talking about the neck biting vampires who love blood.

The other night I watched a fantastic Swedish vampire movie called “Let The Right One In.”


It’s the story of twelve-year-old Oskar who is constantly bullied by the kids at school, and spends his free time inventing ways to seek revenge. He also collects newspaper articles about horrible murders that are happening in his small Swedish town. Suddenly he encounters a new girl in the apartment complex, Eli, whose odd behavior slowly draws him in. She’s pale, very pale and only comes out at night. When Oskar discovers that she’s a vampire he doesn’t run the other way, but embraces her. And when Oskar summons the courage to stand up to the bullies’ brutality it’s Eli who comes to his rescue.


This movie has it all: The snow. The cold. The passionate red of blood.

I dare say it’s damn good, probably one of the best vampire movies ever.

Comments