A Pocketful of Ice Cream

As many of you may already know I love ice cream in all it’s plain and often bizarre flavor combinations. It’s my favorite addiction and I will fight to death anyone who would be stupid enough to deny me my ice cream fix.

During my childhood years in the late 70s I was infatuated with bubblegum ice cream, though in retrospect I see it as low point in my personal ice cream history. Right now I’m fancying the more common flavors like pistachio and peanut butter.

The other day I came across an interesting law in New York State: A person may not walk around on Sundays with an ice cream in his/her pocket.

Lexington, Kentucky has the same law, but it’s not just for Sunday, it’s for every day.

Now this has gotten me to thinking...


Why would anyone ever put something as precious and delicious as ice cream in their pocket?


Were lawmaker strung out on crack when they sat around the lawmaking table creating such an absurd piece of legislation?

I think they were suffering from severe ice cream head rush and decided to take hateful revenge on poor innocent ice cream.

But a law is a law and it must be abided, so the next time I’m strolling the streets of New York or Lexington, Kentucky and witness someone putting ice cream in their pocket I’m gonna run right up to them and perform a citizen arrest. I’m certain this act of law abiding diligence will earn me a “Citizen of the Year” award.

Comments