Twist Your Mouth Around This

Being a man of words I am always amazed at certain phrases that people have difficulty wrapping their mouths around.

Allegedly the most difficult tongue twister in the English language is The sixth sick sheik’s sixth sheep’s sick. I’ve tried and I’ve tried and I’ve tried again and I cannot seem to make my tongue move melodically over these melodic words. Each time I fail and I feel like a fat pheasant falling from the sky for flying too fast and far from the farm while foraging the forest for fast food.

I searched the Internet for a few more mouthfuls and here are some interesting tongues twisters I encountered:

I'm not a pheasant plucker, I'm a pheasant plucker's son. I'm sitting plucking pheasants till the pheasant plucker comes."

Which wristwatches are Swiss wristwatches?

Nine nice night nurses nursing nicely.


Now I know all of you will try these tongue twisters in the privacy of your home or your work cubicle. You’ll initially feel empowered and convince yourself your tongue is different, more flexible than normal tongues. You’ll sit up straight and you’ll take a deep breath a you’ll utter a sound and you’ll quickly blush and try again and again and again and you’ll suck at it.

However, if on that rare occasion you do succeed at repeated repetitions I shall reward you dear reader with a rather red rosy rose of real rosy recognition.

Comments