Alabama Here I Come

Next week I’m off to northeast Alabama to do research for a film project I’ve been hired to write. I’ve never stepped foot on Alabama soil before and am quite excited to breathe the air, be in awe of the beauty of the Little River Canyon, and enjoy the southern charm.

Geographically the closest I’d ever been to Alabama is Pigeon Forge, Tennessee.

Did you know...

The state bird is the Yellowhammer.

The state tree is the Longleaf Pine.

The state flower is the Camellia.

The capital in Montgomery.

The oldest city is Mobile.

I could brag and say my high school geography teacher would be proud that I’ve retained this information, but seeing it’s been years since high school and Mr. Griffin was ancient back then, I am quite confident he’s probably dead, and if he were still alive he’d be too old to even care what I retained or not. (True confession: I got the info off of Wikipedia.)

In order to get into that Alabama spirit I’ve been listening to songs with “Alabama” in the title:

Alabama Song by The Doors.

My Home’s In Alabama by Alabama

Sweet Home Alabama by Lynyrd Skynyrd



Sweet Home Alabama where the skies are blue... Here I come...

Comments