A Frozen Foods Rumble

The other day I went to the grocery store to use the bank machine. There seemed to be a rush on cash with a line of people waiting patiently to slide their bank cards into the machine and punch in their secret passwords for the monetary reward. I stood amongst them grasping my bank card anticipating pulling five twenty dollar bills from the tight slit of the machine.

I glanced to my right and noticed an older man (mid 60s), athletic and muscular, come in and reach for a shopping basket. As he leaned towards the basket a younger man (30s) came into the store walking quite fast (he wasn’t breaking any speed limit, but he appeared to be in a hurry) and he bumped into the older man. The older man wasn’t knocked to the floor. He was tapped, and certainly not hard enough to bruise his precious body.

The younger man instinctively reached out to hold the man to make sure he wasn’t gonna fall and apologized. The older man stood upright, erect, puffed up his chest, and yelled at the top of his lungs DON’T TOUCH ME and NO he wouldn’t accept the apology.

The young man flinched. Confused and not knowing what to do he apologized again and continued towards the frozen foods aisle. The older man dropped his basket and started to chase after the young man challenging him to a fight.

A fist fight amongst frozen vegetables was about to happen... and I was gonna have a bird’s eye view...

The young man sensed danger and quickly ran down another aisle leaving the older man with his fists up in the air with no one to punch. With all eyes on him the older man slowly dropped his fists but continued yelling profanities until no one cared to listen anymore.

Anti-climatic.

I was hoping too see a frozen foods rumble. Instead I entered my password into the bank machine, grabbed the cash, and left.

The next movies in my netflix queue are now Rocky, Rocky II, Rocky III, and Rocky IV.

Comments