The Black Slippers

My toes are always cold. In the middle of a summer heat wave I have cold toes. My elongated popsicle toes shiver when the sun goes down. They always need a pair of socks, and when socks are not enough they need a pair of slippers to keep them toasty warm. I can walk around naked for days but my toes are always properly socked.

You can starve me. You can water board me. You can force me listen to Wilson Phillips until my ears bleed. But you cannot force me to endure cold toes.

With the Los Angeles nights now cold and wintery (yes, cold and wintery) I need the socks and slippers now more then ever.

This afternoon I went to the shoe store and bought a new pair of slippers. Black slippers. On sale black slippers. Dockers brand black slippers. Originally $39.99 and on sale for $9.99.

When I caught a glimpse of them out of the corner of my eye and then saw the sale price my toes were immediately erect with joy, erect with anticipation, erect with erectness waiting to slip themselves into the warmth of the tight slipper opening. There’s nothing like the touch of a virgin pair of slippers wrapping themselves around your toes.

Aaah....

Tonight it’s a little wine, candles burning softly, an afghan wrapped around my toned body, a good book, and my toes snuggling nicely inside my new black slippers.
Life doesn’t get much better than this.

Comments

Owen said…
I have blue slippers but I'm not wearing them at the moment - it's not cold enough...