Fox Eyes and a Whale Heart

I love all types music and because of social media I’m able to discover new artists I would never have discovered otherwise. 

As 2016 comes to a close, I keep thinking about some of my favorite music this year and the one CD I keep coming back to for repeated listens. It’s Fox Eyes, Whale Heart from indie singer/songwriter Bobby Jo Valentine.

I first came across Valentine through social media. A link to one of his videos popped up and I clicked on it. It was the song “Fly” and it hooked me with its powerful message.


I ended up buying his first few CDs.

From the CD Home came the delightful “A Hand to Hold” and my favorite “Come Back to Bed” which is pop music at its very best, and should have been a radio hit.


His latest CD Fox Eyes, Whale Heart is chock full of beautifully crafted songs.

I could go on and on about my favorite ones… the title track, Carry Me Away, Lion in the Summer, Sing Along, but I won’t. Instead, I’m posting videos for you to see and listen to for yourself.


It’s fun to watch new favorite artists continue on their musical journey. They become “ours” and we watch them develop and grow and we listen to them and we share their music for everyone to hear…


Keep your fox eyes focused on the beauty underneath
Keep your whale heart open
That is all you really need
To love life…
To love life…  

It’s one of my favorite CDs of the year.

http://www.bobbyjovalentine.com/

Comments