The Story of the Raspberry Dessert


I was at a holiday gathering last week where they had a dessert table. It was beautifully decorated with lit votive candles and red and green glitter strewn about. The trays of various desserts beckoned everyone’s taste buds in the sparkling candlelight. It was festive and mouth-watering.

I positioned myself right next to the desserts. Instead of choosing just one, I chose to try them all.  

While savoring my fourth (okay, fifth) morsel of delight, I noticed a woman standing in front of a tray of raspberry dessert bars...


Woman: I want one of these raspberry desserts. They look absolutely divine!

Her Man Friend: I want one too.

Woman: (rather loudly) I really want one, but is it gluten-free? There should be a placard that says if it’s gluten-free. Is it gluten-free? Does anyone know? Is it? Is gluten-free?

No one around the table answers her...

Her Man Friend grimaces with slight irritation while reaching for one for himself.

Woman: (whiny, louder): Ooh, I want one. They need to put signs saying if it’s gluten-free. I only want to eat gluten-free food.

Her Man Friend’s impatience is now quite visible.

Woman: (pathetic whine) What should I do? I want one.

Her Man Friend: (snapping, rather loud) Then shut up and eat one!

Like a spring suddenly unwound, her fingers slid across the tray and snatched one, putting the whole thing in her mouth at once. She suddenly had orgasm eyes... She then grabbed a second one and shoved that one in her mouth too.

I couldn’t help but laugh out loud. Her Man Friend laughed too.

She was too busy orgasming to notice.

Comments