Urinal Cell Phone Observation


Today I was in the gym locker room and headed to the row of urinals to relieve myself. All the urinals were being used and at each one was a guy playing with his phone while urinating. 

I guess you could say in each hand he had something he loves to play with... 

When I use a urinal, I’m too preoccupied with peeing to text or check email, but after seeing the dexterity of these urinating cell phone users, I decided to give it a try. 

I went to the next available urinal intending to text while peeing. First, I had to decide who to text. Second, I had to decide whether my text would brag that I was texting while peeing. I opted to not mention where I was and what was in my other hand. 

Sadly, I misspelled every word and nearly peed on my foot. I then tried using voice recognition to text and was so self-conscious about the urinators next to me hearing what I was saying that I messed up my pronunciation and the phone typed the message incorrectly. 

I then tried checking my email while at the urinal. Again, I had a concentration problem. I nearly dropped my phone into the urinal.  

I now understand why sometimes (okay, almost always) there are little puddles on the floor around the urinals.

I realized I am not coordinated enough to multi-task while peeing. I had to choose between fiddling with my cellphone or keeping my aim? I chose to aim properly. 

I wish others would make that choice, too. 

It would make the janitor's job much easier.


Comments