Superpower Activated

I prefer walking instead of driving.

Walking keeps me outside in the open air where the sun can beam me with all the Vitamin D I need. 

Through walking, I reach 10,000 steps per day which apparently is the current trendy number of steps needed daily. 

Walking allows me to mingle with neighbors with a nod and a smile and sometimes a little conversation. 

It's amazing how some neighbors, no matter how many times I've seen them, never say hello. I imagine what might be going on in their heads to make them so unfriendly. My scenarios veer towards the nasty, the dark, the truly perverted... and when I see them, I giggle because I know their secret life even though they don't know their secret life. 

One recent day walking, I came across a message in a driveway:


I saw this as a sign from the Universe, so I eagerly stepped there to activate my superpower. I tingled with anticipation. 

I closed my eyes to feel the surge. 

I suddenly became self-conscious and wondered if there was a hidden camera recording me. That was enough for me to hurry away.

On my way home, I saw a notoriously unfriendly neighbor who has ignored me for years. I tried conjuring up the imagined secret life I'd created about her, but nothing came. It was like my mind went completely blank. 

As she approached, she looked directly at me and said hello. Did I hear her correctly?

In my state of disbelief, I hesitated and she stopped and said it again. I answered hello. She told me to have a nice day, then continued on her way. 

WTF?

Then it was OMG!

In that driveway, I was activated with a superpower in the form of a new super-aura, one that Mr. Rogers would give his sweater for...  a squeaky clean and inviting and non-judgmental aura.

Every single person I passed on the rest of my walk was drawn to me and stopped to say hello. 

When I returned home, I looked in the mirror and saw beautiful colors surrounding me, not the usual dull gray that made me look like a foreboding storm cloud. I was glowing. 

At that moment I understood the power of my superpower and accepted its responsibility. 

There's Superman.

There's Spiderman.

Now there's me... Super Aura-Man. 

I foresee a movie franchise in my future. 



Comments