In My Birthday Suit

With winter approaching, it’s time to crank up the heat, to keep my place at a nice temperature, to not dip into “sweater inside” temperature, but to keep it at “birthday suit” temperature. Yes, birthday suit, as in naked... nude... unclothed... in the raw like the day I was born.

I like being naked as much as possible. 

 

Strutting around naked always puts me in a happy mood, gives me a good attitude, and gets my creative energies flowing. 

 

Of course, I must remember to keep the blinds and curtains closed. I made the mistake once of sauntering by the window at the same time my neighbor in the building across from me was walking by and happened to glance my way. I waved hello. He hesitated, blinked his eyes numerous times, and then ignored me. I don’t think he appreciated my friendly gesture. 

 

Whenever I saw him again, he never said hello. Jealousy does that to some people. 

 

There’s something liberating about being naked, flopping freely with my arms flailing while dancing to a funky beat. 

 

Naked yoga is better than clothed yoga. Who knew? I didn’t until I tried it. 


However, there is a downside to baring it all... 

 

Whenever I’m cooking, I have to be careful about what foods I prepare for myself. Sauteing can cause oil splatter which doesn’t feel good when it hits your sensitive skin spots (you know what I mean). And prepping peppers, specifically jalapeno peppers, gets dangerous especially when you suddenly have an itch and your reach down for a quick scratch (you know where I mean). 

 

Maybe that’s why I now prefer pre-made salads and sandwiches.

 

I've learned the hard way to always keep a robe by the door.  Being naked is natural but the FedEx person doesn’t appreciate it when I’m signing for a package while wearing my birthday suit. 


I swear, that time I forgot I had nothing on!

 

I don’t usually tell people I like being naked. The rare times I have, they’ve cast judgment and usually throw a sourpuss look that says, “how could you do such a thing.” I say don’t knock it until you’ve tried it!

I’ve meditated on why I’ve become a nudist, seeking an answer from my spirit guides, and then it came to me... the real reason I’m a nudist...

 

I don’t like to do laundry. 

Comments